The Virginia Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects’ 2017 Annual Conference will be held jointly with AIA- Virginia and will be known as Architecture Exchange East or ArchEx. It will be held Nov. 1–3, 2017, in Richmond, Virginia, with an audience of several hundred landscape architects, architects and allied professionals over the course of the three-day event. The goal is to bring together the brightest minds and most engaging speakers to present talks that are future-focused on a wide range of subjects ― and to provoke important conversations among design professionals.
We are looking for exciting and engaging topics and speakers to share knowledge and experience with our audience. Your presentation could range from a one-hour session to a full-day workshop. We don’t want to box you into a particular format. We’re encouraging creative approaches to content delivery, including panel discussions, tours, and guided collaborative conversations. We welcome all proposals.
Propose an offering you think is relevant and timely. To propose an offering, complete and submit the Presentation Proposal Form by May 31, 2017. Your proposal will be reviewed and you will be contacted by July 2017. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Submit a completed proposal formonline
- You will need to create a profile to submit a proposal.
- Please save your login info as you will be able to edit submissions until the deadline day.
- In progress proposals can be saved, though it is recommended that you submit and edit proposals. Proposals will not be viewed by reviewers prior to the deadline so edit as often as needed.
- Proposals must be received by the deadline date.
- Expert speakers with public speaking experience are preferred.
- Presentation content must be sufficient for the proposed length of the session.
Deadline is 10 p.m., May 31, 2017
All proposals are evaluated by VA ASLA’s Conference Education Committee or the AIA Virginia’s Program Advisory Group and Professional Excellence Advisory Council to ensure they address educational needs of the audience and that the program is well balanced. The submission review process will begin in June and will continue until the entire program is set.
If you would like to be a part of the VA ASLA’s Conference Education Committee and help shape the program, please contact Kevin Bayes, Executive Director at email@example.com or 804-523-2901.
Suggestions and Questions
Suggestions for potential speakers or questions about the conference can be directed to Kevin Bayes, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-523-2901
There are seven educational tracks:
- Landscape Architecture
- Design(includes all design-related topics, urban and universal, interior design, landscaping, Master Architects Series, etc.);
- Sustainability(includes sustainable design, materials, building practices, etc.);
- Historic (includes tax credits, research, restorations, rehabilitations for alternative uses, etc.);
- Building Tech (trades, BIM, codes, software, emerging technology, regulations, contracts, AIA Documents, etc);
- Business(includes all business topics);
- General(includes activities and events, tours, Keynote, etc.)
- Urban Planning and Design
- Excellence in Design
- Accessibility/ ADA
- Residential design
- Healthcare and wellness, Therapeutic Design
- Sustainable Design and Development
- Parks and Recreation
- Green Initiatives
- Business planning
- New Uses of Technology
- Tours — Projects of interest, in progress or recently completed, restoration, redevelopment, urban planning, historical architecture, etc.
Join us as we travel this new road and share your knowledge and experience with your fellow landscape architects and members of other design professions.
|Virginia Chapter of ASLA
6200 Lakeside Avenue
Richmond, VA 23228
2501 Monument Avenue
Richmond, VA 23220