16 CE Credit Hours / 2 years
• Deems courses provided by LA CES approved providers as acceptable for continuing education requirements
• CECH = 50 minutes of course time
• No carryover permitted
Administration: Regulations provide for a random audit of licensees.
• Must have a clear purpose and objective that will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the practice of landscape architecture.
• Allows subjects in areas related to business practices, including project management, risk management, and
ethics, which have demonstrated relevance to landscape architecture practice.
• Successfully completing one college semester hour of credit (15 CECHs);one quarter semester hour of credit (10 CECHs).
• Self-directed study (must successfully meet assessment)
• Teaching a CE activity (2x credit; first teaching of course only)
Recordkeeping: Licensee has responsibility for maintaining three-year record of continuing education activities.
Exemptions: Licensees experiencing illness or undue hardship, as determined by the board.
Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers and Landscape Architects
The Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers and Landscape Architects (APELSCIDLA Board) examines, licenses, and regulates approximately 35,000 individuals and related business entities in Virginia.
|Licensing Section||(804) 367-8506|
|Board Office||(804) 367-8514|