Sponsorship & Giving
The Virginia Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects mission is to enhance the practice and benefits of landscape architecture in Virginia through advocacy, education, and service. We would like to invite you to become an annual sponsor and introduce your organization to an audience of over 500 industry professionals.
Our Annual Sponsorship Program offers opportunities for sponsors to connect with landscape architects in person and electronically. VA ASLA hosts numerous events throughout the year including our Annual Conference & Expo. VA ASLA also distributes a bi-monthly e-newsletter to our membership and prospective members (500 subscribers) and frequent updates to our website.
Some highlights of 2016 for VA ALSA include:
- Several successful educational sessions for our members to provide CEUs. The sessions included: a lunch and learn on Sustainable Sites in collaboration with GVGBC, a showing of “10 Parks that Changed America” in association with AIA Virginia Chapter, a presentation on master plan of the Stone Brewing facility in Richmond, a presentation on landscape and play.
- A successful Professional and Awards Program with 21 awards presented.
- A very successful Annual Conference at Fort Monroe in Hampton with a record 110 attendees (and record 14 sponsors and exhibitors).
- Two chapter members joined the ranks of Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA).
- Worked towards getting Honorary Membership status in the ASLA for Carlton Abbott, FAIA for his work with the VA ASLA.
- VA ASLA received the 2016 Scenic Vistas Preservation Award presented by Scenic Virginia in recognition of the VA ASLA Viewshed Analysis Project.
We are looking towards 2017 with great expectations of making it one that will surpass our success of 2016. Several things that are being planned for 2017:
- The 2017 Annual VA ASLA Conference will be held in collaboration with the Virginia Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA VA), November 2-4, 2017 in Richmond, VA. The estimated attendance for the conference is projected to be 400-500 professionals from the fields of architecture and landscape architecture.
- Establishing a series of day-long educational opportunities on Therapeutic Landscapes. The first in the series will be Therapeutic Landscapes for Older Adults. Additional series topics are being discussed.
- Establishing educational lunch and learn series on relevant topics in the profession to be held throughout the state.
- Establishing opportunities for the students in the landscape architecture programs to get involved with the chapter.
- Participating in more career opportunity events where we can promote the profession of landscape architecture.
- Improving and expanding the 2017 Professional and Student Awards Programs to get more submissions from professionals and students with the awards presentation to be held during the Annual Conference in November.
We hope that you will plan to be involved with and support the VA ASLA again in 2017 and help be a part of us accomplishing our goals and expectations.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
As a non-profit organization, VA-ASLA relies partly on sponsorships and gifts to create educational programs for landscape architecture professionals and to provide meaningful public outreach opportunities for our 300+ members. Your sponsorship or gift at any level helps us achieve these goals and is greatly appreciated.
CLICK HERE FOR THE 2017 VA ASLA Sponsor Packet