Hill Studio is seeking a Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer, preferably with 6 to 10 years of experience designing and managing landscape architecture projects from conceptual design through construction administration. This position requires proficiency in Autocad, Adobe products, and Sketchup software as well as ability to work collaboratively with internal and external team members in developing creative solutions.
Hill Studio is “Community. By Design.” We create sustainable community plans and places that are unique and respectful of site context, the built environment, and the surrounding landscape. Our firm works closely with its design studios of architecture, community planning, landscape architecture, and historic preservation with opportunities to engage in a wide variety of design work at various scales – from construction details to countywide master plans.
We are a boutique design studio, located in Virginia's Blue Ridge, featuring Community Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture and Historic Preservation and the collaboration of disciplines is essential to us with passion for our work without silos or egos. We are focused on and passionate about custom community-building projects, creative work spaces and branded environments. Every project is unique and personal, interactive process; enjoyable, creative, artful, engaging and always inspiring.
If you want to take part in creating truly remarkable spaces and deeply root yourself in the profession, then please reach out. We’d love to meet you!
An ideal candidate will:
1. Lead projects from Conceptual Design through Construction Administration.
2. Successfully collaborate with both internal and external team members.
3. Take ownership of and accountability for the project’s success and execution.
4. Be passionate about all aspects of design.
5. Have superb organization skills.
6. Be eager to take on flexible, broad, and new responsibilities.
7. Be a team player that is interested in working in a small office setting.
8. Have a strong desire to create the future of the firm.
1. 6-10 years of professional experience.
2. Minimum Bachelor Degree of Landscape Architecture from accredited program.
3. A comprehensive understanding of landscape technical skills including site grading, planting design, detailing, and construction documents.
4. Knowledge of native and native-adapted plant species of Virginia and the Midatlantic region.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
6. Experience with Autocad, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite. Revit and BIM technology skill is a bonus.
7. Meticulous attention to detail.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. High degree of professionalism.
10. Ability to transition between multiple projects and tasks.
11. Driven and self-starting.
For more information, contact Katherine Packer, email@example.com