Lardner/Klein Landscape Architects, P.C. is hiring!
If you love working with people, are passionate about bettering the public realm, and want to influence our surrounding landscape for decades to come, you are the person we are looking for to fill this position.
The successful candidate must have a strong and demonstrated interest in nonprofit and public work, is comfortable working independently using standard design tools, can supervise less experienced team members, and ability to be involved in multiple projects at one time. Excellent design communication and writing skills are essential to the success of our practice, and a broad knowledge of related specialties is a highly desired bonus.
Our Office Style and Your Role
Office Culture: we offer an informal and communicative office culture and have a strong history of ensuring a balanced work/personal life for each team member. We value the 40-hour work week, flexible holidays, and generous time off.
Projects: our practice is small, but highly flexible; we work on projects in many different places and at many different scales across the country.
Collaborative Working Style: when lead on a project team, we assemble highly diverse teams of skilled professionals, and you will find yourself regularly working with other like-minded professionals from other disciplines and firms.
Communication: most of our work is public and we seek out and value the perspectives of our project’s stakeholders. As a part of our practice, you will engage in conversations about places and spaces with users, neighbors, advocates, and community leaders, all with differing points of view. Professional growth: we are actively committed to the professional growth of our employees through mentorship and financial support for continuing education, licensure, and certifications.
About Our Firm: Lardner/Klein, Alexandria, VA
Please look at our website for more information about our projects and professional values: www.lardnerklein.com
We are a small, award-winning firm, nationally recognized for our planning and design work. Our work is thoughtful and fast-paced. We are looking for a landscape architect to work with us on challenging and rewarding projects.
We do work that makes a difference. Our work includes planning and design for parks and natural areas – from park systems to neighborhood parks and everything in between. Our work often involves the planning and design of “long and skinny places” such as greenways and trails or scenic byways. We help communities and neighborhoods to better integrate human-powered transportation into the daily lives of their residents.
As a member of a small firm, you will be involved in all portions of a project. We team with multi-disciplined firms, often as the prime consultant, and work throughout the United States, with a primary focus on projects within the Mid-Atlantic. Specific project team members may include engineers, architects, professional cost estimators, restoration ecologists, specialists in heritage tourism and historic preservation, and tourism and economic development consultants.
You may choose to work full-time in our physical office in Old Town Alexandria, VA or develop a hybrid work model, with your base location allowing for project site visits and project public engagement activities.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- 5-8+ years of experience in a consulting or public entity environment, inclusive of past internships
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, 3-D modeling, and visualization programs
- Capacity to provide project and design management on multiple projects at varying scales simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – ability to track project decisionmaking in a public setting as well as in the office
- Additional types of certifications desired: Arborist, CPSI, LEED
- Registration as a Landscape Architect
The pay range for this job in Alexandria, VA is $70,000-$95,000 annually. Actual compensation is based upon experience, skill sets, and qualifications.
- Medical/Vision: PPO or HSA medical plans for individual, L/KLA pays 100% of an individual's premium
- Dental: Delta Virginia, L/KLA pays 100% of an individual's premium
- Simple IRA: L/KLA matches up to 3% subject to IRS requirements
- Generous vacation and personal/sick leave, flexible compensatory time
- Holiday: 10 total company paid holidays
- Professional support towards licensure/registration and continuing education
Lardner/Klein is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email a resume and recent work samples smaller than 10 mb with the subject heading “L/KLA Opening” to the attention of Elisabeth Lardner: email@example.com
No phone calls please.